EMAIL: sirbacon123@yahoo.com
TWITTER: @sirbacon123

05 March 2010

Apple of My Eyes

I think I'm in love.

I know I am married, but with my wife more than 1,500 miles away, I just met someone very special.

Her name is New York, as in New York City.

I've visited her many times before, actually MANY times before, but I've never seen her look so beautiful.

Maybe it was the possibility of getting a job there. Maybe it was my hotel in the heart of the city. Maybe it was the two-plus days of less-than-miserable winter weather, but whatever it was, she was perfect.

As Joan Jett once said, "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

  • I love walking around Times Square at 10:00am AND 10:00pm.
  • I love eating a slice of pizza at midnight.
  • I love buying chestnuts, which were really roasted on an open fire, from a street vendor.
  • I love riding the subway.
  • I love the accents -- and nobody loves a New York accent, not even New Yorkers.
  • I love the many options for your morning paper, and I bought them all.
  • I love the 2-for-1 ticket booth for Broadway plays, where just the service charge is more than a movie ticket at home.
  • I love that my friend's 400 square foot apartment on the Upper East Side is $2,000 a month.
  • I love seeing EVERY street with at least ten different restaurants.
  • I love seeing Hall, or was it Oates, sitting across from me at the Carnegie Deli.
  • I love barely making it through half of my $25 corned beef and chopped liver on toasted rye sandwich at the Carnegie Deli.
  • I didn't love that they were a cash only restaurant. No credit cards!
  • I love the traffic, probably because I was walking everywhere.
  • I love walking everywhere.
I guess the shirt was right...

iLoveNewYork_thumb.jpg

No comments: